How does one specify direction of scans in r.in.ascii?

Richard Wagener wagener at gown.das.bnl.gov
Tue Feb 4 10:39:16 EST 1992

I am trying to do the following data import:

I have a global surface albedo file which starts at -180 lon , -90 lat
and ends at 180 lon, 90 lat, in 1 degree increments.

In grass, I have defined a region North 90, South -90, East 360, West
0, and Resolution 1.125 deg by 1.125 deg.  When I do the r.in.ascii,
and display the data, I get a rasterfile with East and West and North
and South reversed (a mirror image of an upside down world).

Question: Is there a way to specify in the ASCII file which way the
data is stored in it?  E.g.: as positive or negative
latitude/longitude increments?
Or do I have to always prepare the ASCII data to run from North-East
to South-West?  Which to me is counter intuitive.

--
Tschuess ...rick...
Richard Wagener				|
Bldg. 426, rm. 43			| IP: wagener at bnl.gov
Environmental Chemistry Division	| DEC: 44048::rwagener
Brookhaven National Laboratory		| phone: 1-516-282-5886
Upton, New York 11973, U.S.A.		| fax:   1-516-282-2887