ERDAS to GRASS

Bruce K. Wylie (303) 490 8336 wylie at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:45:40 EDT 1992

	Our ERDAS program for converting to 7.3 format is
missing. I noticed awhile ago that there was a posting with a
program to strip the ERDAS header, allowing importation into
GRASS. We tried it and it seemed to work fine. However r.support
only seemed to work if it was an x,y location. Is there no way
that r.support could be used to bring an ERDAS UTM file into a
GRASS UTM location? When we put the right coordinates, rows, and
columns we got erroneous cell sizes. Any suggestions aside from
having ERDAS correct the lack of their conversion to 7.3 program?

Regards,

Bruce K. Wylie