How to rotate a DEM?

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Jul 31 11:21:33 EDT 1992

Grass has a command m.rot90 which rotates "raster-type" maps.  It
will  work  on  GRASS raster maps if they are not compressed.  It
was  written  specifically  for  the  problem  of  rotating  DEMs
produced by the USGS which are not aligned north-south, both have
either the east edge (or west, I forget which) at the top of  the
file.

In fact m.rot90 is a general purpose 90 degree rotation  tool  in
the  sense  that  it can be applied to any unix file that is a 2d
matrix of data provided the file is not compressed  in  any  way.
It will handle 1,2,3,4 or any number of bytes per data element.

|> Has anyone out there had any experience rotating DEM
|> raster maps? Or any other raster maps?
|>
|> Bob Harrington
|> Hydrology and Water Resources
|> University of Arizona

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 352-6511  ext 526       P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005