unsubscribe

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Jul 31 15:53:57 EDT 1992

This would be a nice feature, I agree. At present the software
is orthogonal - one part watches the list, another part watches
the requests. The MAJOR problem with attempting to combine them is the
logic the request software uses. If it sees SUB, HEL, UNS, DIR, GET
or any of the commands anywhere in the message it reponds and ignores
all the rest of the message. It would be a very complicated logic
that could tell that the following message wasn't a HELP command:

    I am having trouble getting r.stats to ....  Can anybody
    help me?

If someone contributes software that has this intelligence, we'll
use it.

|On Jul 31, 12:54pm, de584438 at longs.lance.colostate.edu wrote:
|> Please temporarily unscribe me.
|>
|> dan epstein
|>-- End of excerpt from de584438 at longs.lance.colostate.edu
|appropriately ( and quietly!) ?
|An idea,
|Joe Vaughan
|jkv at air.atmo.arizona.edu

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 352-6511  ext 526       P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005