Landsat Imagery

David Orsolini orsolini at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Mar 24 22:19:11 EST 1992

Help! I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with.

I want to subset a small piece of an image, so that I dont have to take
up so much disk space, but I dont know how to do it.  I cant use i.tape.other
and just take out the part of the image that I want because this image came
with a blocking factor of 4, and I had to use dd to dump the files and then
run support on them to get them to a format that GRASS will read.  My problem
is that I need to use all 7 bands of the image and each band is roughly 40
megabytes.  There is not enough disk space to work with these full bands, so
I need to subset just the portion of the image that I have to work with.  Is
this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks for your help,

Dave Orsolini
USACERL