twilight zones

Chris C Rewerts rewerts at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon May 18 19:25:20 EDT 1992

I am building vector maps from dlg data that is in 2 UTM zones.
This will be part of a new mapbase we are putting together.

What (if anything) do I need to do to accomodate multiple UTM zones?

The main question: can maps from more than one UTM zone be used in
the same mapbase, or will I need to separate them into mapbases for
each zone?

If they can exist and be used in the same mapbase, what will be the
trick to setting the default window coordinates? (When all the maps
were in the same zone, I read the headers to find the coordinates of
the extreme north, south, east and west edges...)

I welcome comments on other matters which may arise from this
situation, since I haven't been so zoned out before on GRASS.

Chris Rewerts        rewerts at ecn.purdue.edu
Agricultural Engineering, Purdue University