SPOT image processing

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed May 20 02:00:37 EDT 1992

(1) How do you know the maps have all zeros in them. The best way to
tell is to run r.describe in the target location on each of the maps.
(The UTM coordinates for the lon/lat coordinates are right.)
Perhaps the resultant files are too big and you have filled up your
disk and that is causing the write errors. Check you disk usage.

(2) Images can't be rectified in lat/lon (yet) since i.rectify doesn't
know about curvilinear coordinate systems.

(3) i.tape.other extracts what you ask it to. If the tape has
non-image data mixed with image data (leader pixels) you can get
those pixels extracted as part of the image (perhaps 33 pixels).