v.to.rast failure

a907tape at diamond.sara.nl a907tape at diamond.sara.nl
Fri May 29 05:33:36 EDT 1992

For the past week (!) I have tried to rasterise a vectormap (v.to.rast) without succes. The map was digitised in ArcInfo, imported and corrected with v.digit.
V.support does not give any error (no point_to_area failures, no unattached atts), the output of v.stats is given below:
Format: Version 4.0 (level 2 access) (Portable)
number of lines: 794
number of nodes: 591
number of areas: 441 (complete)
number of isles: 238 (complete)
number of atts:  441
V.digit recognises the isles, no open areas, no unlabeled areas etc. The resulting rastermap however consequently fails to recognise the isles, is otherwise correct. I have also tried v.out.ascii, then v.import or v.in.asci, i have checked the ArcInfo files. The map is in latlong, might that be the prob?
Please help.
Michael