p.map

W. Fredrick Limp fred at kirk.uark.edu
Sat Nov 14 13:26:21 EST 1992

> I seem to be having some problems with p.map.  I have to put out
> a black-and-white copy of a color map with a legend.  I can produce
> the b&w copy, but it is missing the bottom frame line and legend.
> I put 'colortable y' in my input file but this doesn't seem to do

Unless there has been a recent change? p.ppm dosen't do colortables.
its like the preview option in p.map  in that is just does the "map" part.
The size of the final output is not controlled by the p.ppm scale
command.  It does effect the size of the ppm file thought.  You probably
should just go with the default size (one panel) and use the ppm
scaling options to resize.

I would like some input from other though on this.. Michael?..
it appears to me that the scale in p.ppm does increase the file
size output so I suspect that the number of pixels is what is controlled
by the scale.  Thus it would be possible, if I'm right, to get a "denser"
image.  Thus if you had a 600 dpi printer you might want to set the
p.ppm scale to (say) two panels and then scale it down with the ppm options to
one page.

Any comment from ppm hackers out there?

--
W. Fredrick Limp,   Director                     FAX: (501) 575-3846
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
Fayetteville AR 72701                             fred at kirk.uark.edu