GRASS4.0/i.tape.other

Bill Jackson jackson at lcta.cecer.army.mil
Tue Oct 13 11:48:15 EDT 1992

We have experienced a slight problem with i.tape.other in GRASS4.0. In order to
conserve disk space we have tryed to set our region to cover the specific
geographic area we are concerned with (as per the grass manual).

The image contains rows and columns to 3510 bytes. We want to extract the
following area:

Extract

Please select the region  of the image to extract

start row    1070
end row      2447

start col    1524
end col      2407

The extraction process begins and the image is scanned for the starting point at
1070. After a few minutes we get a message that the file is only 1069 bytes longand no data was extracted.

Is this a bug in 4.0?