Fortranfor RIM

Joachim Wiesel wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 27 06:56:30 EST 1992

According to Elwin Koster:

>   	Elwin Koster
> 	University of Groningen
> 	Architectural History
> 	contact me by:
> 	email - ekoster at let.rug.nl
> 	phone - (+31) 50 636096
> 	mail  - PO Box 716
> 		9700 AS Groningen
> 		the Netherlands
>
> Dear Grass-users,
>
> I am trying to compile the RIM database to use it with Grass4.0, but my
> system-operator is telling me:

	I do not have a working HP3xx version, but for all people not
	having access to a FORTRAN compiler I recommend looking into

	f2c

	'f2c' converts Fortran-77 sources (plus VAX and IBM extensions) to
	K&R or ANSI-C.
	There is also a Bourne shell script 'fc' which can be used as a
	real Fortran compiler, as it calls cc to compile the generated
	source code. I have not compiled RIM with f2c but other mostly
	numerical application codes with very good success.

	It can be FTP'ed from e.g.: research.att.com [192.20.225.2]

	Login as:  'netlib'

	Joachim

--

Joachim Wiesel, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung,
Universitaet  Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-7500 Karlsruhe, Germany
Internet: wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de