vector output

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Sep 10 10:41:04 EDT 1992

MAPGEN is a USGS product. GRASS users have found it  very  useful
for    producing    maps   on   pen   plotters.   It   is   under
src.related/mapgen. It is not supported by GRASS per  se.  It  is
included  in  the  release to make this suite of mapping programs
available to those who have enough savvy to compile  them.  There
is  a  document  describing an interface between mapgen and GRASS
vectors developed by SCS. You can get this  document  by  calling
the GRASS Information Center 1-800-USACERL ext 200.

However, the interace code  itself  I  can  not  locate.  Perhaps
someone  who has used the interface can point you (and me) to the
source code.

|I have heard mentioned the existance of a product called MAPGEN, for
|the vector output of maps from grass.  Is this supported on moon at all
|or is this a third party product.
|

|Rob Linton
|Gis Lab
|Charles Sturt University, Albury, Aus.