DESQview PC.. problems with displaying raster maps!!

Laxmi Prasad Musunur mlp at forestry.auburn.edu
Thu Sep 17 01:26:16 EDT 1992

	We're trying to run GRASS on a PC running DESQview.
The problems experienced with old xdriver:
	1. Vector maps (even color) can be displayed without any problem.
But
	2. When we try to display a raster map, it gives a bunch of error
messages like,
	X Error (major opcode 72 -- XPutImage).  and the monitor dies!!

	When this problem was posted before there was a suggestion to go
for the new XDRIVER.

Problems with new XDRIVER:(for GRASS running on a PC through DESQview)

	1. When we start the monitor (d.mon start) it self it says
		"Color: Can't set color 0"
	2. When we try to display a color vector map it doesn't use the
assigned color (infact no color can be displayed at all)

	3. When we try to display a raster map the monitor dies saying
		"Segmentation fault"

Appreciate all your help and suggestions,

Laxmi P. Musunur (LP)