r.los and r.drain

Bryant Noice noice at crsa.bu.edu
Tue Apr 20 18:11:00 EDT 1993

To whomever,

When I try to run r.los (Line of sight), my system (a SUN UNIX server with
SPARC2s) does nothing with it.  There is no prompt, no error message, no
nothing, the whole window just freezes.  Is this a problem that has been
encountered before? or is it just a system failure here?

Also, when I try to run r.drain, I get error messages that tell me that I have
entered invalid parameters, but I don't see how (below I've included the out-
put from the computer:)

When trying r.los:

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <BASIN>
GRASS 4.0 > r.los dem2 los2 763830,4321140
Sorry <los2> is not a valid option
Sorry <763830,4321140> is not a valid option

ERROR: Required parameter <output> not set:
    (Raster map name for storing results).

ERROR: Required parameter <coordinate> not set:
    (Coordinate identifying the viewing location).

Usage:
 r.los input=name output=name coordinate=x,y [patt_map=name]
   [obs_elev=value] [max_dist=value]

Parameters:
       input   Raster map containing elevation data
      output   Raster map name for storing results
  coordinate   Coordinate identifying the viewing location
    patt_map   Binary (1/0) raster map
    obs_elev   Height of the viewing location
               default: 1.75
    max_dist   Max distance from the viewing point (meters)
               default: 100

I can't figure out what's wrong with my input . . . .

When trying r.drain:

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <BASIN>
GRASS 4.0 > r.drain dem2 dr.1 763830,4321140
Sorry <dr.1> is not a valid option
Sorry <763830,4321140> is not a valid option

ERROR: Required parameter <output> not set:
    (Name of output raster map).

Usage:
 r.drain input=name output=name [coordinate=x,y[,x,y,...]]

Parameters:
       input   Name of raster map containing cost elevation information
      output   Name of output raster map
  coordinate   The map E and N grid coordinates of a starting point

Again, I can't figure out what's wrong with the input.  The coordinates were
defined by using d.where, so I KNOW that they are indeed in the map! Help!

Bryant Noice,
noice at crsa.bu.edu