s.surf.tps

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Apr 27 18:18:13 EDT 1993

Leslie Frankoski writes:

> Has anyone had any luck using the command s.surf.tps??
> I am trying to create a raster map of elevations from a DEM.  When
> I run s.surf.tps my output rasters (elevation, aspect, and slope)
> consist of no data.  I used defaults for each of the options.  Does
> anyone know what I am doing wrong??

I will assume that you converted the DEM to a sites list. When you do this, you
must edit the sites list so that there is a pound sign before each Z value:

384841.26510703|3979423.71490557|#45

Otherwise GRASS treats the third value as an attribute, *not* a Z value.
You can use sed, awk, vi, or another text editor to do this.
If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail to me directly.

Malcolm D. Williamson - Technical Assistant      E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-5736
Ozark Rm. 214                                       Fax: (501) 575-3846
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701