problems running grass4.0 in macX

Neel Smith nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:11:34 EDT 1993

>   Please start graphics monitor <x1>.
>   Error - Graphics monitor <x1> not running!
>   Problem selecting x1. Will try once more
>   Please start graphics monitor <x1>.
>   Error - Graphics monitor <x1> not running!
I've used MacX with GRASS 4.0 and GRASS 4.1beta, and
this is a fairly typical startup sequence ... be patient!

The problem seems to be that d.mon is looking for the
monitor to select before the monitor is ready locally.
If you bear with it, eventually, you'll get a monitor
that you can then select (d.mon select=x1), and draw in.

Neel Smith
nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu