adding *.man files to online manuals

Doug Hersh dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu
Fri Aug 20 19:03:06 EDT 1993

Thanks to Darrell McCauley the section 4 of our online manual is no longer
blank.

For those who noted his and Bill Brown's solutions to the problem of making
the nroff *.man pages distributed with contributed source code accessable
to the g.manual program, I add one more step to McCauley's suggestion (Bill
Brown got this part right).

The plain text manual page for each command needs to reside in the directories
1,2,3,4,5, or 6 rather than in the cat1, cat2,...cat6 directories created
by the Gmakefile.  In my case I needed to cp the cat4 directory to the
directory named "4".  (This is the directory in which man pages from
contributed programs are supposed to be placed.)

To lend a sense of completeness, I append the McCauley and Brown solutions
to this problem below: