GNUPLOT and thanks with d.zoom

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Dec 8 02:10:34 EST 1993

KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU (KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU) writes on 07 Dec 93:
>	has anybody tried to compile GNUPLOT with a GRASS
>driver?  I have tried and I am getting undefined symbols
>like:
>	R_open_driver

I suspect that you did not use the Gmakefile (but simply added
the grass.trm to the list and ran 'make').  Running 'gmake4.1'
produces g.gnuplot and installs the help file in the appropriate
directory.

If you did not get GNUPLOT 3.5 from moon, then the Gmakefile
is disguised as "makefile.g."  Simply copy or link this
to Gmakefile:
  % ln -s makefile.g Gmakefile

If you are compiling under SysV, see the comments in the
Gmakefile.

>I have bathimitry data that I have plotted out on GNUPLOT
>and wanted to import it into GRASS.  If this is not

I assume you used 'set terminal table'...

>possable.  How can I import ascii data that is in a
>Latitude, Logitude, and elevation form into GRASS?

s.in.ascii?

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **