v.digit problem

Doug Youngs youngs at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Feb 2 13:12:17 EST 1993

GRASS world,

I'm having difficulty with the map registration routine in v.digit (it takes a
few moments to get any points to register, and after registration, the program
calculates a scale for the map that is ridiculously small).

I've posted this problem before, and the general response was to get the
updated version of v.digit from the ftp location.  I've ftp'd the v.digit
files from the grass4.0 updates directory on moon, and have
compiled the updated programs, but I still have the same problem with the map
registration routine.

So, could someone let me know if I copied the correct programs and compiled
correctly, or give me a clue as to why the problem is occurring ?????

I'm using a sparc10 with sunos 4.1.3

These are the files I saw in the update directory on moon:

/diglib/allocation.c
/diglib/portable.c

and

/v.digit/head_info.c

I've put these programs in their respective directory locations on my
machine, and have run gmake4.0 to compile in both directories and have run
MAKE.LINKS as specified in the grass4.0 installation guide.

thanks for any feedback !

D. Youngs
ASI Las Cruces