Grass & DEC 5000 instal.

Kenn Gardels gardels at ced.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 5 18:58:58 EST 1993

> Hello ,
>
> I am now trying to install a GRASS on DEC 5000 and Ultrix system
> after intallation I was starting grass4.0 -      and
> I did get a following message -
>
> sh:g.gisenv : not found
> sh:g.gisenv : not found
> sh : GISDBASE :parameter not set
>
> --
>
> I was doing evething as before on SUN ( where all is fine ).
>
> thnaks - Peter Sincak
>
> PS.> I admit - I am new in this instalations - maybe it is very
> small problem.

First, make sure you run the MAKE.LINKS command after the compile is
done.  Second, I had to edit etc/GIS.sh to change the syntax for the
test command to legal Ultrix (I don't remember off the top of my head
- mail again if you can't figure it out).

-kenn
| Kenn Gardels                Tel +01 (510) 642-9205   Fax +01 (510) 643-5571  |
| CEDR - 390 Wurster Hall     Internet  gardels at ced.berkeley.edu               |
| University of California    Bitnet    gardels at UCBCED                         |
| Berkeley, CA  94720         Calendar  gardels at tahoe.ced.berkeley.edu         |