Info request

Jim McCarthy VAX104%A1%SSCCLU%MR at VAX003.STOCKTON.EDU
Thu Feb 11 12:11:50 EST 1993

          Hi,

            I am using the Grass list server in hopes someone can help me
          with a technical problem.

               I are trying to use a CalComp Drawing Board II digitizer
          with Grass on a DEC3100 and having little success.  The CalComp
          digitizer allows us to configure to a variety of devices; Kurta
          Series 1 #2, Kurta Series 1 #3, Kurta IS ONE,  CalComp 2000,
          CalComp 9100, CalComp AFT, CalComp Format 22, CalComp HiRes,
          Hitachi-A, Hitachi-A Sign, Hitachi HiRes among them.  We are
          getting sync errors with Calcomp settings and unreliable results
          (eg. sometimes keying in a 1 works, sometimes it doesn't) with
          Hitachi and Kurta.  Has anyone had success with the CalComp
          Drawing Board II digitizer.  Or, can someone tell me if any of
          the formats above are compatible with the CalComp, Hitachi, or
          Kurta drivers provided with Grass and, if so, do you know what
          data comm format should be used (eg. data bits, parity, data
          rate)?

          Jim McCarthy
          Stockton State College
          vax104 at vax003.stockton.edu