problems with d.display, X and LINUX

Andreas Holz (CIP guests) asholz at cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Feb 25 08:36:41 EST 1993

We compiled GRASS4.0 and GRASS4.1beta under LINUX.

It works almost good, but we have some problems!

d.display failes mostly after the message  "Please use mouse to choose option:"
        X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
        Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
        Serial number of failed request:  408
        ERROR eof from graphics driver.

But not everytime!

This problem occures in GRASS 4.0 and GRASS4.1beta.

I don't know, whether it is a problem of the X-implementation or one of GRASS.
On the other hand the programs d.profile and d.histogram does not crash with this message.

Resizing of the graphic-output window crashes.

A problem with GRASS4.1beta:

   After starting grass and selecting the location, the grass-prompt is
   translated horizontal every next line.

Dipl. Geol. Andreas Holz
Institut fuer Geologie und Mineralogie
Schlossgarten 5