GRASS on MAC?

NW01 at SWTEXAS.BITNET NW01 at SWTEXAS.BITNET
Thu Feb 25 17:05:00 EST 1993

>Folks,
>  Does anyone know of a port of GRASS to Macintosh?  Not being a Mac
>user, I'm not even sure Unix is available for it, but I'd appreciate
>enlightenment.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Steve Frysinger

I ported GRASS4.0 to a MacIIfx runing A/UX3.0 with X-window a couple of weeks
ago.  Installation is easy but long, like 6 hours or so (I fell in sleep before
it finished.)  So far, I've tried several commands without any problem.  Though,
the single-botton mouse, used in combination of special keys to emulate three-
buttons for X, is a little awkward. Other than that, I don't have any complain.
My future plan is to install 4.1(beta) on Quadra 950 with Motif.  If somebody
has done this, I would appreciate any comments.

Nisai Wanakule                              Tel: (512) 245-2329
Edwards Aquifer Research and Data Center    FAX: (512) 245-3543
Southwest Texas State University            E-mail: NW01 at SWTEXAS (BITNet)