Exporting SGI graphics?

hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de
Sat Feb 27 13:46:29 EST 1993

David, I w'd like to learn the export into *.TIFF with "imgscan". So it
could be used to import into a MAC environment for color separation in
case of map/image production... At the moment I produced GRASS output
from TEK (installed 4.0) host to the SGI-4D machine (winterm's) as
different "snapshots.rgb" files. Principally, it should be possible to
scan the screen with the "imgscan" tool and store as *.TIFF but I never
explored the import as mac.TIFF so far...
---
Does somebody have experience to materialize the *.RGB images onto
color slides ? Having produced different outputs and saved as *.RGB's
I w'd like to make some slide photos afterwards in spite of absence
of any hard copy color output at the moment...
Any hints for taking the photographic snapshots in color from the screen,
btw I bought a Fudji slide film today to experiment next week with it!?

Regards from Dresden,
Frank