No subject

root at uknet.ac.uk root at uknet.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 04:23:53 EST 1993

Sender: lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To: info-grass-user
From: WJONES at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK
Newsgroups: info.grass.user
Subject: Installing Grass 4.0 - Problems
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 93 09:12:55 GMT 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I require some help with installing GRASS 4.0 on a UNIX based SUN system
at Liverpool University.

The version of SunOS used here is 4.1.2.DBE1.2

The problem is that I have installed GRASS and it works fine besides these
problems with the display.  The problems are:

1)  When screens similar to the start-up screen of GRASS are exited
    the display there after scrolls diagonally.  I have discovered that
    this is because of the absence of a carriage return charcter, <CR>, at
    the end of each line.

2)  When G.HELP is exited the terminal no longer echos characters back to
    the display and in some cases freezes the terminal by not allowing
    input at the keyboard.

I suspect both of these problems are concerned with the terminal configuration
here at Liverpool.

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Yours in hope

Bill Jones
Computing Services Department
The University of Liverpool