Line thickening

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at lut.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 17:13:44 EDT 1993

Some geometric advice for a beginner would be appreciated. The situation is
this: I have a rasterised stream network which displays fine in plan view.
However, when draped over an elevation map in perspective view, the network
all but vanishes. Thus, I have concluded that I need to create buffer zones
around the streams to improve 3d visualisation, and I am trying to decide
upon a theoretically well-founded approach. My initial guess is to make stream
thickness a linear function of observer azimuth; is this the standard sort of
approach?

--
Conn V Copas
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : +44 509 263171  ext 4164