v.import

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Sun Mar 7 00:27:00 EST 1993

In info.grass.user you write:

>Brian,

>These errors are probably occuring because of the region.
>The PNT_TO_AREA error occurs when an area is unable to be
>closed.  This may be because a vector is getting cut out
>during the import.  Try setting a larger region when you
>import these.

I may be putting my foot into my mouth, but from what I understand
or GRASS vector processing, most of the processing ignores
the current region (except d.vect and v.to.rast). v.import doesn't
pay attention (this implies applying a function like v.cutter).
Your problem is a topolgy problem.

--

Michael Shapiro U.S. Army CERL
Environmental Division