No subject

Gao esri!moon!gao at uunet.UU.NET
Wed Mar 31 14:22:04 EST 1993

> From uunet!max.cecer.army.mil!grass-lists-owner Wed Mar 31 10:58:32 1993
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 12:37:50 -0600
> From: "Net.Noise owner" <uunet!max.cecer.army.mil!news>
> Sender: uunet!max.cecer.army.mil!lists-owner
> To: info-grass-user at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
>
> Newsgroups: info.grass.user
> From: youngs at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Doug Youngs)
> Subject: Error running r.in.erdas
> Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 18:37:46 GMT
>
> I'm getting an "error in memory allocation" when running r.in.erdas

I suspect that it has something to do with the byteorder.  Starting from
REV 7.5, ERDAS files across all platforms use a single file format, which
uses, among other things, INTEL byteorder. This means you need to byte-swap
the values in the header before you can use them, on machines like SUN's or
any other MOTOROLA based machines.

pgao at esri.com