m.eigensystem executable

Anantha Prasad prasad at landcover.inhs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 21 11:52:10 EDT 1993

Hi..
I tried to compile m.eigensystem using fortran f77 compiler on Sun Sparc IPX and failed.... my solution was to use the "eigen" function in Splus. If you have any statistical package that calculates eigenvalues and eigenvectors from a covariance matrix...then use Grass r.covar ...get the covariance matrix and calculate the eigenvectors and eigenvalues from the external statistical package... Hope this helps in case you do not get a compiled version of m.eigensystem....If you do please let me know how I can acquire it. Thanks, Prasad (prasad at landcover.igis.uiuc.edu).