Default theshold(s) in v.digit

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 1 14:35:59 EST 1993

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Thu Oct 28 08:00:54 1993
> From: brian at cast.uark.edu (Brian Culpepper)
> Subject: Default theshold(s) in v.digit
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 93 9:50:20 CDT
>

> Morning/Afternoon.....whatever
>
> I would like to know if anyone has ever changed the default snapping
> and digitizing thesholds in v.digit? I realize they can be changed
> each time one enters v.digit, but ,for instance, if v.digit is re-entered
> it resets the thesholds to the default. This is a problem when meta-data
> is created for vector files because (v.stats -h) indicates a different
> MAP THRESHOLD (in this case greater) than the set threshold at the time
> of map creation. I realize this is a small problem, but I think it would
> make the lives of the twenty-or-so people who create metadata, much more
> enjoyable....
>
> Thank you for listening,
> --
> R. Brian Culpepper                                 Research Assistant
> Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies           (fax) 501 575-3846
> Rm. 214 Ozark Hall                                (work) 501 575-6159
> University of Arkansas                            brian at cast.uark.edu
> Fayetteville, AR 72701
> All opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
> Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies or the University of Arkansas.

We have had the same problem, and I have been forced to guesstimate
what I would have set the thresholds to.  Bad scene!!!  It would be
much better if in fact, once you change it on a file it remains changed.
Also, then if you don't happen to digitize the whole file in one session,
you are consistent on your thresholds.

-Sue Huse
CEDR - REGIS
UC Berkeley