XKeysymDB Problems

Doug Dotson dotson at tate.com
Tue Nov 9 09:00:50 EST 1993

Hey,
I have recently downloaded the binaries for Sun4 and seem to have them up
and running.  I am having a problem however.  Whenever I run xgrass4.1 I get
several dozen messages like the following:

dotson at bud%
dotson at bud%
dotson at bud% xgrass4.1
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:     ManagerGadgetSelect() '
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfSelect
Warning: ... found while parsing '       <Key>osfSelect:        ManagerGadgetSelect() '
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfHelp
Warning: ... found while parsing '       <Key>osfHelp:          ManagerGadgetHelp() '

I looked at the file XKeysymDB.motif and confirmed that the defs are
in /usr/openwin/lib/XKeysymDB where I think the should be. (they were
already there).  When I run grass from a SUN, I get all these  messages
and then the it hangs.  I did a "setenv DISPLAY bud:00" to get the
DISPLAY in the right place and even did a "xhost +" just to make sure.
No display, it just sits there.  When I run from a Hummingbird X server
from a PC, grass comes up and I can display map etc.  Text entry is
a bit goofy (backspace doesn't work right) but I assume this is from the
keysym problem.  I still get all the error messages but GRASS comes up.
The Hummingbird X Server also has a XKeysymDB type file with a slightly
different format than the SUN but I included the XKeysymDB.motif entries
in there as well.

Anybody have any ideas on this?  Please send me a reply directly since
I am not currently on the grassu-list mailing list.

Thanks Alot,
Doug Dotson, Engineer
Tate Integrated Systems, L.P.
dotson at tate.com