Importing and rectification of topographic maps

Melissa Cowoski cowoski at pangea.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 9 20:55:22 EST 1993

I have imported a topographic map into an xy location.  I now want to
rectify this map to UTM coordinates.  When I display the topographic map
in the xy location the map looks fine, however after I rectify the topo I
lose almost all of the resolution and contours.  I know the problem is
related to the nearest neighbor interpolation after the rotation and the
fact that the contours are defined by very few pixels. I want to use the
topographic map as a base map.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I
could go about doing this?

Thanks,

Melissa Cowoski
Geological and Environmental Sciences