GRASS on Solaris2.2

KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU
Wed Nov 10 08:53:50 EST 1993

Hello Jim,

    I have just successfully compiled grass4.1 on a SPARC10
running Solaris2.2.  You do need to get the source to run
the program.  The following is what you need to do to
make it run.

When running setup:
	1. TERMLIB is -ltermlib -L/usr/ccs/lib
	2. XINCPATH is /usr/openwin/share/include/X11
	3. XLIBPATH is /usr/openwin/lib

You will also have to go into the file
	$GIS/src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER/Gmakefile
and uncomment some lines.  (Self explanitory in file)

You will get one error in the XDRIVER file I am not sure
of the error at this time, but it is something like
setpgr().  Its a call.  Goto the archives on moon.cecer.army.mil
and get Arc-08-93 or Arc-09-93 and grep for the name.  Someone
answered this question and it works.

That's about all that needs to be done.  If errors come up
on your libraries just find them and fix it in your program.

Have fun and good luck!

kym m. lenkus
Davidson Laboratory
Stevens Institute of Technology