scale problem using ppm-files

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Mon Nov 15 10:24:46 EST 1993

Sven Fuhrmann writes:

> 	I have a little scale problem in GRASS4.1 and I hope you will be
> able to help me.
>
> 	I have access to a Canon CLC 10 Color Laser Printer (Canon IPU)
> which has a dpi of 400x400. Unfortunately I do not have a Canon CLC 10
> driver. In order to solve this problem I do create a ppm-file in GRASS
> using p.map. In a second step the ppm-file will be transformed to a
> postscript-file using the ppmtops command under pbmplus (written by
> Joe Postkanzer).

(lines deleted)

Why don't you try ps.map instead? Even though it doesn't offer all of the tools
of p.map (or especially of p.map.new), I think you'll find that the output to
be of better quality.

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159