Real Time Precip Data

Ken Waight ken at meso.com
Tue Nov 23 14:45:38 EST 1993

MESO, Inc. is a small company of research meteorologists;
we use soil moisture information as input for our atmospheric models,
and have been wondering if there is a commercial need out there for
this kind of data in real time.

We have been developing an operational system to objectively analyze daily
precipitation data in the U.S., including all cooperative stations whose
reports are available in real time.  We could initially analyze 24 hour
totals of precip over an arbitrary area and send plots by fax, or send
raster files in various GIS formats by modem or e-mail.  Ultimately, we would
like to infer other hydrological parameters such as soil moisture and provide
them as well.

Any suggestions or comments are welcomed.  Please reply to:

Ken Waight
MESO, Inc.
185 Jordan Road
Troy, NY  12180