.tmp files in GRASS

Jane Rossing rossing at swlab.aben.cornell.edu
Mon Oct 4 10:10:16 EDT 1993

I believe my original question about .tmp files was not completely clear.  The
problem with excessive .tmp files comes when we are running a long shell script
program (a hydrologic  model with many time steps) without exiting GRASS.  I am
having a discussion with a colleague as to whether we should delete the .tmp files
each time step or wait until the end.  Does anyone know what problems deleting them
while GRASS is still running could possibly cause?  Thanks.