Sun Binaries

Detlef Bringemeier gpdb at hamster.inggeo.tu-clausthal.de
Wed Oct 27 02:56:24 EDT 1993

>Has anyone downloaded the Sun binaries from moon? I am having troubles
>with it. First, it won't read my XKeysymDB. I have a copy of the
>modified XkeysymDB in /usr/lib/X11 and in openwin/lib. Also it
>frequently crashes and the display tool responds erratically to the
>mouse althouth that is probably because my XKeysymDB file is not being
>read.
>
>I am on a SUN Sparcstation 2 using SunOS 4.1.3 and Openwindows 3.0. Do
>I need to compile the source code locally? Could I solve my problem by
>switching to Motif which I will have to do eventually anyway?
>
>Ross Bryant

Hello Ross,

I had the same problems with the SUN binaries on a SUN SPARC 10. Because I have
no much patience I have copy and compile the source files. There are some
problems during and after the compilation, but now I can make some nice couloredmaps (and many outher things with it).
If you have problems during the compilation, let me know!

Detlef

TU-CLAUSTHAL-TU-CLAUSTHAL-T
U           x             U   TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CLAUSTHAL
-          x x            -   Institute for Geology and Palaeontology
C         x   x           C   Department of Engineering Geology
L   xxxxxx  x  xxxxxx     L
A          x x            A       Detlef Bringemeier
U   xxxxxxx   xxxxxxx     U   e-mail: gpdb at hamster.inggeo.tu-clausthal.de
S           x             S
T   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     T   Leibnizstrasse 10
H           x             H   D-38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld
A   xxxxxxx   xxxxxxx     A   Telephone: +49 53 23/72-3009
L          x x            L   Telefax: +49 53 23 72 23 87
TU-CLAUSTHAL-TU-CLAUSTHAL-T