copying coverages to tape

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 14 00:29:46 EDT 1993

Margo E Herdendorf (meh at geog.buffalo.edu) writes on 13 Sep 93:
>> Grass users -
>>     I am sure this is a real basic question, but how does one copy
>> a vector or a raster layer to a tape?  Since the layers are made up
>> of files in different directories, do I have to cpio all the directories
>> ie, cell,cellhd,cats, etc? Or is there a simpler way that I just haven't
>> discovered?

Margo,

It would probably be much safer to just copy the entire mapset
to tape. If you want just one raster map, vector map, or site list,
create a new mapset (when you initiate the GRASS shell),
then use g.copy to copy what you want to put on tape.
This way you'll be sure to get everything that you need.

>> 	Also, does anybody know how to subsribe to the ESRI-L mailing list?
>>     Thanks in advance.

hmm... sort of like asking Jay Leno what channel Dave Letterman's
show is on. From your subject line, I'd guessed you cut
your teeth on A/I. :) maybe ask support at esri.com

>> meh at geog.buffalo.edu

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
*** avail. for full time employment 9/94-inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) ***

P.S. - for non-US folk, Jay Leno and Dave Letterman have
competing evening talk shows on network television.