GRASS Wish List

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Thu Sep 16 15:09:21 EDT 1993

Ronald Thomas asked:
>The bad news?? I've been informed that GRASS programmer's do NOT regularly
>check out the list's.
>
>So, where does this go from here?
Thats a good question. Part of the problem is that the programmers at
CERL are paid by COE and therefore are not necessarily able to provide
all the desired functionality that the rest of the GRASS world would
like to see. The programmers that work for other groups are pretty
much in the same situation - they are working on functionality that
addresses the needs of their employers. What is needed is $$$ to pay
someone or group to provide the functinoality or enhancements desired.
But I am sure that this $$$ will not come from Uncle Sam as the budget
gets tighter. Perhaps some of the users through some avenue like OGF
could pool their resources and and be able to get some of these
things accomplished. There are programmers out there, even previous
GRASS programmers who would be more than willing to do some of the work.

The GRASS community has always worked to gether and got things accomplished,
perhaps someone should contact OGF (are you there David???:)) and see
if something could be worked out.

Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov
Sioux Falls, SD