GRASS Wish List

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Sep 16 18:22:51 EDT 1993

Followups to grassp-list at moon.cecer.army.mil?

Ronald Thomas (ront at niwot.CFNR.ColoState.EDU) writes on 16 Sep 93:
>The good news:  such a list has been compiled!!
>
>The bad news?? I've been informed that GRASS programmer's do NOT regularly
>check out the list's.
>
>So, where does this go from here?

depends on who you mean... no, the CERL folks may not regularly check
out grassHoppers, but others do. One intention in suggesting this to
Craig was to provide inspiration to others wishing to make a
contribution.  For example, d.what.sites sounds like a fun and
not-so-difficult project for a beginner: there's lots of places to
find example code and the programmer will become famous! Well, maybe
just within this circle, but it does provide the opportunity to make a
good contribution to the GRASS community. I know that there are
several who would like to make *some* contribution, if only
they knew where to start and the task didn't seem insurmountable.

It would be good for OGI programmers to see this once in a while, or
at least know that it exists. For example, the problem with
reclass-parents may require something be added to cell_misc so that
each file would not have to be checked (if some sort of check doesn't
already exist).

--Darrell