d.colormode workings

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at lut.ac.uk
Sat Sep 18 20:12:01 EDT 1993

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't quite work out how d.colormode operates by
playing with it, and would appreciate a quick run-down. My understanding is
this : the default mode is "fixed". Setting the mode to "floating" has an
effect for the next new graphics window only (rather than the entire display),
after which the mode reverts to "fixed". Correct? In other words, the man pages
could do with some clarification regarding the scope and duration of the
command, for us X neophytes.

--
Conn V Copas
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : +44 (0)509 222689