Projections in GRASS

Kenji Okamoto okamoto at earth.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 18 00:30:17 EDT 1994

Hi, Simon,

>For everyone's amusement, we are planning on using GRASS to
>start a study of VENUS using Magellan data!  Of course, we will have
>to worry a bit about the correct ellipsoid ... ;-)

I'm very grad to hear the news like this!

I'm now using GRASS just for this purpose.  It would be nice, if we
could co-work on this project.  I can share the information on the
patched files, where we now can use only sinusoidal projection, and we
have much more works to be done.  My recent versions have some bugs on
r.digit routines, which should be fixed, but I'm getting tired....
So, I need more friends to co-work with.

Can I discuss with this problem only between us or more openly in this
community?

Kenji
Dr. Kenji Okamoto |  e-mail      okamoto at earth.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
 ______  __ |__   |  Universiy of Osaka Prefecture, Dept. of Earth Science,
|__\/__|   /|\    |  Gakuen-cho 1 - 1, Sakai, Osaka 593, Japan