dem for Australia

George Taylor oregon at chaos.ATS.ORST.EDU
Thu Aug 4 11:45:02 EDT 1994

Simon,

Thanks for the information on the dem.  I was hoping
to receive a reply from an Australian source for the
best information available.

Since my original post, I found another 5' worldwide dem with bathymetry.
It is produced by the National Geophysical Data Center in Boulder,
CO, USA.  The name of the model is "TerrainBase" and is a compilation of
many models.  The Australian portion is from the Hutchinson model.
This dem fixes many of the errors in ETOPO5.

Wayne Gibson
Oregon State University