hp plotter

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Wed Aug 17 12:22:26 EDT 1994

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to purchase a HP Draftmaster RX+, and just wanted to know if everyone using it is happy with its performance with MAPGEN.  I don't want any major surprises once the purchase goes thru.  Any comments on their experience with the RX+ would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> ----
>
> Christine Weiss
> NYC Dept. Parks & Recreation
> Natural Resources Group
> cmw at nycparks.gov
> (212) 360-2749

I am not sure what types of data you want to plot, but you should at least
look at two other plotters before purchasing the RX.  Look at the
HP650c and the ENCAD Novajet II.  Both are E-size inkjet plotters.  If you
only want linework they are much quicker than pen plotters.  If you want
to do raster or large fills from ps.map/mapgen then an inkjet plotter is
nearly a necessity.  There are some other considerations also, but they
are definately worth looking at.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS/NCG		"Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov   you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis