histograms

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sun Aug 21 03:32:29 EDT 1994

kilee at CC.UManitoba.CA (kilee at CC.UManitoba.CA) writes on 20 Aug 94:
>As for a rast-based image on GRASS monitor, after running a GRASS d.histogram
>command, colored pie-scale histogram with category values are shown, as
>general process of GRASS. My question is .....
>Can this histogram graphics be a postscript file for hard-copy ?
>According to GRASS reference, d.savescreen command seems to be helpful
>to my question, but this command is not provided GRASS 4.1.4, is right ?
>Anyway, anyone help me to printout histogram graphics ?
>Looking for advices ....

an alternative for histograms may be to use g.gnuplot:

GRASS 4.1 > r.stats -c sample > sample.dat
GRASS 4.1 > g.gnuplot

gnuplot> set term postscript
gnuplot> set out 'sample.ps'
gnuplot> plot [1:] 'sample.dat' w i
gnuplot> quit

GRASS 4.1 > lp sample.ps

--Darrell

P.S. you can also do pie charts, but not so easily. It involves
     converting the output of r.stats to another form and using
     'polar' mode of g.gnuplot. Not impossible, just a few more
     steps.