No subject

kilee at CC.UManitoba.CA kilee at CC.UManitoba.CA
Mon Aug 22 14:02:28 EDT 1994

Dear Grass-users ,

The following question of mine is beyond GRASS works, but in future
it need  GRASS works in various its application, in my opinion.

Q: In GRASS, just 0-255 integer rast-based color coding image is possible,
   but how about dynamic range color/gray scale image with real number?
   Is possible now in GRASS ?
   If not, anyone know Unix-based gray scaling and image generation software
   and its ftp site ?
   Actually, at XV( ver 3.0), I handled gray image after assignment into
   proper integer number from real number, but some loss of original information...

Looking forward help...
Thanks in advance.
                                                           Kiwon

ps; I must express my thanks to M. Ameskamp, J. D. McCauley, and J. L. Aycrigg
    for their advice about my previous question. Now no problem, work out.