No subject

BARNES DAVID barnesd at lab.cc.wmich.edu
Tue Dec 20 13:18:51 EST 1994

>From barnesd at grog Thu Dec  1 10:26:12 1994
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 10:26:11 -0500 (EST)
From: BARNES DAVID <barnesd at grog>
Subject: documents update
Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To: "Leonard J. Peirce" <peirce at grog>
Greetings Leonard,
	We are still pluging along with our efforts top integrate UNIX into
the Geosciences mainlyin the form of Grass GIS. With Mr Redy's able
assistance we are running rather smoothly (albeit at a rathjer elementary
level) with the GRASS GIS. We would like to make the system more
accessible to users unfamiliar to UNIX computing (a task for Don
Quixote?) and would appreciate any updated DOCUMENTS that describe UNIX
SYSTEM STATUS (we have a document from early in the new year, 1994 which
must be out of date?). Anyway your assistance with updating us with any
new DOCUMENTS relating to system capabilitties, etc (Maybe with GRASS GIS
mentioned??!!) would be much appreciated.

ps We have been quite pleased with the accesibility of assistance via the
GRASS users bulletin board and feel thatthe system is certainly suitable
for use in the University with a minimum of support personel (like 1
person!!).
Hope to hear from you,

  * My Address							           *
  * DAVE BARNES								   *