grass4.1 [-f] [-e] [-l location] [-m mapset] [-d gisdbase]

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:30:25 EST 1994

I usually work with the same location day-in, day-out.
Eventually, I found q&a in GIS.sh to be pesky. So...

I put new_startup_scripts.shar.Z in grass/incoming on moon (a
compressed sh archive). These files fix grass so that it has the
following command line arguments:

% grass4.1 -h
grass4.1 [-f] [-e] [-l location] [-m mapset] [-d gisdbase]

-f says do a fast startup, i.e., skip the initialization screen
-e says do a fast exit, i.e., skip the "GRASS SESSION WRAPUP"
   (every had to sit through this for a LARGE database at 1200
    buad?)

the others override defaults in ~/.grassrc and are self
explanatory. minimal error checking is done. I used getopts (hope its
portable, but if it's not, please suggest an alternative).

If you'd like to see something like this in future versions,
be sure to tell the appropriate people.

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **