GRASS and Solaris3.2

Ronald Wiemer ronald at archis.nl
Tue Feb 15 08:50:38 EST 1994

Hi,

I have installed grass4.1 on a sparc10 running solaris 2.3. Except some
minor modifications averything went fine. I have one ramaining problem:
GRASS display programs run extremely slow. It takes about 10 seconds
to build up the graphics screen for d.display. d.erase takes about
3 seconds. The same computer running sunos4.1.2 did the same job in just
a fraction of this time. What is the happening here?. Is there a way to
increase the performance of the XDRIVER on solaris?.

Thanks,

Ronald Wiemer
ARCHIS, Amersfoort
The Netherlands