No subject

John Del Ferro johnd at nap61.nap-wc.usace.army.mil
Sat Feb 19 14:38:55 EST 1994

Hi all!
I have vector line dat in 3d form. It is not GRASS format, but it is
ascii and I can edit it or manipulate it to be any format I need.
Question: How do I get it into GRASS so that GRASS automatically recognizes
the elevation.

The only way i figured so far was to:
  1. convert the data to a 2d ASCII VECTOR file
  2. run v.in.ascii and v.support
  3. run v.digit to label all the lines with the correct z

It seems a waste since the correct z is already in my original data, do
I really have to run v.digit!

Any solutions would be gretly appreciated.

John
JOHN DEL FERRO                     |      Philadelphia District
tel: 215-656-6690                  |   U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
johnd at nap61.nap-wc.usace.army.mil  |